Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pancreatic Cancer SUCKS!

Well yesterday was a tough day. Found out the mother-in-law's pancreatic cancer is getting much worse. The tumor is now twice as big as it was the last time they took a picture.

She has lasted almost three years. It's so sad to watch her just dwindle away. I have known her for over 24 years and she really is like my 2nd mother. No one replaces your mother, but if someone had to she would.

The hardest part is that the wife is having a hard time. She thinks I'm being over emotional about wanting to see her mom. I'm just trying to support her and tell her that I'm here for her but I can't get her to see it. She just wants alone time with her mom. What in the hell am I suppose to do? I have no idea. This is the first time in a long time I feel I have no control.

The mother-in-law is going to try some experimental drug here next week so we'll see what happens. Praying for the best.

This weekend heading to the cabin for a little fun in the snow. Hopefully it will be a good weekend.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment